Principal ECS Limited recognise that our construction activities may have a significant impact on the environment and that practical concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of our business and that of our clients.
We are committed to promoting continual improvement of our environmental performance and to the prevention of pollution through the design and construction of our projects. We aim to operate our business in an environmentally sustainable manner. We endeavour to achieve this through the development and implementation of an environmental management system.
The Company will aim to ensure that, where practicable, materials purchased will have a recycled content and have a minimal negative impact on the environment. We will endeavour to influence our major suppliers to minimise the negative impact of their operations on the environment.
We seek to comply with pertinent environmental legislation and regulations concerning our activities whilst delivering quality projects efficiently, cost effectively and with minimum disruption to the environment.
The Company will comply with its Duty of Care with regard to waste legislation ensuring waste is held securely and transferred to those authorised to take it. We will endeavour to manage waste in a cost effective manner that maximises environmental benefits.
GREEN TRANSPORT POLICY
Good environmental management is central to the activities of Principal ECS Limited. The Company actively seeks to limit the environmental impact of its business activities and to enhance environmental quality in areas where it has influence.
Principal ECS Limited utilises transport in many of its activities, particularly in the operation and maintenance of our sites throughout the UK. We recognise that our own use of transport and that our of our service providers and commuting staff may impact on the environment through natural resource use, emissions to air, noise and contributions to local congestion. We are committed to minimising these impacts wherever possible. We will aim to utilise transport in a sustainable manner through the following objectives:-
- The regular maintenance of our fleet vehicles, equipment and plant to ensure their efficiency to help minimise air emissions.
- Taking account of environmental considerations when purchasing new company vehicles, equipment and plant.
- Keeping abreast of new developments in fuel and vehicle technology and their applicability to our business.
- Making information on environmental performance of vehicles available to employees.
- Encouraging car sharing and use of work vans amongst employees and supply chain to help alleviate congestion and reduce emissions.
- Looking into alternative working arrangements that reduce the need for commuting and investigating methods to reduce the impact of staff commuting; i.e. telephone-conferencing, video-conferencing and teleworking.
We will promote awareness of Green Transport Policy amongst our employees, and encourage good practice.